Friday, February 11, 2011

Charade of Hearts by Sharon A. Donovan


Jewel of the Night Series
While scuba diving off the coast of Diamond Head with her diving partner on a quest to find a family heirloom, underwater photographer Dominique St. John witnesses his brutal murder and photographs it, ensnaring her in a deadly jewel ring. Then when the investigating officer turns out to be her partner’s identical twin, a man she knew nothing about, her life becomes a Charade of Hearts.
Welcome to the world of greed, intrigue, deception and murder. At its core is a blue diamond worth millions.



Dominique's character was very engaging and I couldn't help but fall in love with her. To a point, she was naive when it came to Roberto but she was also very determined to get a part of her mother back. In the beginning I wanted to believe that Roberto did no wrong. He was charming, sexy and driven to help Dominique find the her mother's necklace. As the story unfolds, I saw just how wrong that assumption was and just how opposite his twin, Oliver really was. I've never read a story about the main character being an underwater photographer and I found it to be a refreshing change. I love being taken places I've never been and shown occupations I've never experienced. The imagery was outstanding. My heart felt heavy when Dominique was underwater imagining all that her mother must have gone through when she died. Oliver's character was the perfect kind of hero. Sexy with issues to overcome, extremely smart, and fiercely protective of Dominique, Oliver is the good twin that is easy to fall in love with.

I love to read Sharon A. Donovan's work for two reasons. First, I know it's going to be a solid piece of work and second, with each new book, it's even better than the last. I enjoy watching an author grow in their work and Ms. Donovan is definitely perfecting her craft. Charade of Hearts is a fast paced, edge of your seat romance laced with twists and turns along the way. The action scenes throughout this book will literally find you catching your breath. Ms. Donovan has a gift when it comes to writing a very descriptive novel which pulls me in every time. I get lost in her work and look forward to each new book. As for Charade of Hearts, you don't want to miss this book. Ms. Donovan has written a tantalizing read that will keep you on your toes. If you love tropical locations, good vs. evil and a sweet romantic suspense, Charade of Hearts is the book for you.

0 comments: