Sunday, May 23, 2010

Before The Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard


England, 1813: Romantic woes at home send Ariana Forsythe to her Aunt Bentley's town house in the fashionable Mayfair district of London. There she finds worse troubles than those that prompted her flight from home. Under her aunt's watchful eye, Ariana is soon steeped in high society--and at odds with Mr. Phillip Mornay, London's current darling rogue.

Then, unexpectedly, rumour of a scandal changes Ariana forever. Her faith and her future are at stake in an unexpected adventure that gains even the Prince Regent's attention.

Will Ariana's faith survive this test? And what about her heart? For it is Ariana's heart that most threatens to betray the truths she has always believed in. When she finds herself backed against a wall, betrothed to a man who cannot share her faith, how can it ever turn out right?


I was intensely charmed by the character of Ariana. She was a young woman who often spoke her mind much to the chagrin of those around her. She was impulsive, witty and a beautiful woman inside and out. She lived her life on a path with God and did not take to making important decisions light heartedly. From the moment she meets Mr. Mornay, her heart skipped a beat and she knew there was something very special about him and that he had entered her life for a reason. I watched as Ariana transformed from a young lady into a woman with her faith tested in a way that was beyond her imagination. She always put God first in her life and her main objective in life was to share with the world the grace God has for everyone.

Phillip Mornay was an important, rich man who had a foreboding quality that steered people away from him. He was not a man to cross. When he first meets Ariana, it is in a rather awkward situation that he finds very amusing. In fact, he finds her ways refreshing and entertaining. He feels connected to Ariana which takes him by surprise and he wishes to do all that is in his power to protect her. The bond Ariana and Phillip possess made me fall in love with their characters. The humor they shared between the two of them had me giggling. These two were the perfect match.


I was transported to the Regency era and it has been a journey like no other I have been on before. I have visited places that I had never experienced before and met some very intriguing characters. This was the first time that I have read a full length regency novel and I found myself in love and fascinated with this particular period of time.

Before The Season Ends was an stunning and sensational book. I was amazed at how intricately detailed the entire story was. From the imagery to the clothing of this particular time period, there was not one detail that was ignored. I actually felt transported to a beautiful time and place and I didn't want to leave. It is very apparent that Linore Rose Burkard has thrown her body and soul into this particular book and I enjoyed every minute I spent with these characters. Ms. Burkard is an extremely talented writer who has obviously researched this time period extensively as it shows throughout the book. I am unquestionably going to add any future work of Ms. Burkard's to my automatic to be read list. I have obviously become a huge fan and can't wait to see where these characters are headed next. If I could possibly give this rating a higher than You Gotta Read, I would in a heart beat. If you are looking for an engrossing book that immerses you into the Regency era where things are so much sweeter, and brings romance to a higher level, then I would strongly suggest Before The Season Ends, you will not be disappointed.

Buy Here

0 comments: